THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR AN INCREDIBLY EMPOWERING 2012 EVENT!
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) and SAAM’s 2012 campaign slogan is: “It’s time … To Talk About It.” We invite all survivors – and those who support and advocate for them – to join us at The 2012 Clean Slate Diaries for an evening of Art, Music, Dance & Spoken Word Stories. In solidarity, we’ll unite together at an event where shame is overcome, survivors speak and dignity and empowerment are restored!
This unique, one-of-a-kind event is produced BY SURVIVORS, FOR SURVIVORS to honor and dignify the journey from victim to survivor and beyond into wholeness.
We have phenomenal, award-winning Musicians, Artists, Dancers and Speakers that will be performing at this year’s event! They are putting their entire heart and soul into every aspect of this performance to restore light in the darkness of those who have experienced this type of trauma.
The Clean Slate Diaries is an inspirational, profoundly healing event – something all survivors should experience first-hand. Here are some important details you should know about the event:
- The event is FREE OF CHARGE and open to all survivors of Sexual Abuse & Domestic Violence and those who love and advocate for them;
- All seats are General Admission, doors open at 6:00 PM, program begins promptly at 6:30 PM. Seating is on a first come, first served basis. Handicap accessibility and parking is available.
- Sign language interpretation will be provided.
- There will be an incredible Survivor Art Display, Raffles of Door Prizes and Resource Information available;
- There will be a Ceremonial Closing and light refreshments will be served after the performance concludes;
- There will be photography permitted of the performers, artists and speakers on stage and the event will be videotaped;
- Resource agency, counseling professionals and an on-site, plain clothes security presence will be available if needed.
- You can register at our Facebook Event Page: Clean Slate Diaries
- Donations are graciously accepted to further the cause of The Clean Slate Diaries and to benefit Vera House, Inc.
For more information, email:
One Response to “2012 Clean Slate Diaries”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.